Ayurveda Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy is a combination of science and art which provides a relaxing experience by artistic hand strokes on the body to rejuvenate the mind and body and eliminate stress scientifically. Massage is an excellent preventive treatment essential for the maintenance of health and fitness. Prevention is always far better than cure. Nowadays, people of all ages are increasingly considering Ayurveda therapies as a way to encourage an improved sense of well-being and as a means to a long, happy and harmonious life free of illness.
Ayurvedic massage therapy works on both the physical and mental levels, transmitting a life-giving energy that assists all systems of the body to repair and renew themselves. Ayurvedic massage practitioners concentrate on the subtle energy points (like in Shiatsu), that respond to gentle physical manipulation, and with the needs of the different body types. The author guides both the novice and the practitioner through each step of the full body and explains which massage oils and massage techniques work best for particular body types. Massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent pain, discomfort, muscle spasm, and stress; and, to promote health and wellness.
Massage Therapy is defined as “a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client”. Therapeutic massage improves functioning of the circulatory, lymphatic, muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injury and illness. Massage Therapy operates on the foundation of different types of strokes and oils that work on stress accumulated areas.
Overall Health Benefit of Massage Therapy
- Massage therapy and bodywork increases blood circulation thus enabling the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- A therapist can render massage that stimulates the lymph system, the body’s natural defense, against toxic invaders.
- Helps in releasing endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller.
- Is being incorporated into treatment for chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Contributes to shorter labor and reduced tearing for expectant mothers, as well as lessening the need for medication, minimizing depression and anxiety, and shortening hospital stays.
- Can relax tense and tightened muscles. Massage therapist often render massage to treat low-back pain and neck pain.
- Reduces overall stress. It helps the body’s stress response by lowering levels of stress hormones such as cortisol.
- Massage therapy could also treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
Physical Benefit of Massage Therapy
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance; Treats injuries caused during sport or work
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves posture Strengthens the immune system
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Rehabilitation post operative
- Rehabilitation after injury
Emotional Benefit of Massage Therapy
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Nice post. Thanks for sharing informative post. Hope you will share more about massage therapy. Ayurveda is an ancient medicine way in India. To know more about Ayurveda massage therapy courses in India visit here:- https://www.aitheinhealing.com/
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.